Somewhere around this time in 2015, I think I wrote a post too. It was during the internship progromme. Time flies. Time conserves  memories, it reveals truths, it accumulate experiences and it heals people, both emotionally and physically. Things have never been stop pushing themselves into my To-Do-List since last year June as I have completed my internship programme in an engineering construction firm. I use the word push because I have no idea how eventually all these items in such miracle manner appeared there! Exams, assignments, lecture classes, tutorials, etc. Those basic duties of mine as a student, to be precise, a mechanical engineering student. Sooner than I know, in another 7 weeks, I am so done with my undergraduate degree that I am most probably have no chance to complain anymore about exams, assignments, classes, etc. Reflecting back the past 23 years of my life, student life started when I was 4 and it continuously rolls like a video recorder until this instant moment..

 When people mention, "Oh, no worries. You will do well. Life will find its way." Well, we all know that life dont just flow in a one-way, uniform flow being free stream with no obstacles in between. Definitely not convincing enough especially to an engineering student who have learnt more about all these Point Source, Point Sink, Free Vortex, Forced Vortex, bla bla bla in Fluid Dynamics. I always got a bit more sentimental and emotional when I came across this particular chapter in Fluid Dynamics because I find it very much related to life lesson. Especially when I have taken that subject twice, I find it more emotional. Yes, I have failed a paper before. Afterall, if I have to choose one more time, I would still pick the turbulent flow instead of a laminar flow. Fast, furious and fierce. And the only way to survive in turbulent flow is you have to be more fast, more furious and more fierce.

I am thankful for all the hard times and good times. I am thankful to people who have colored my life and also some who have tried to bring stormy days in my life, jeopardizing my friendships with others. I am not sure it is out of what intention but life thought me one thing, jealousy is extremely ugly. A girl can put on a perfect make-up but if your heart is not pure, beautiful is nothing compatible to you. I am grateful for the days I cried myself to sleep, thinking what are my mistakes to be ill-treated. I am thankful for loving the wrong person because I learn how to be a better person. A stronger person. Every girl out there, you really have to remember one thing. Relationship is not all about happily-ever-after and fairy tales or prince charming riding a white horse. Learn that you need to be realistic when it comes to loving a person. If you, yourself is not a Princess with Snow White's heart, don't expect your Prince Charming please. Be fair kay, girls. Accept only what you get to offer. These are men. Not superheroes. They have flaws. So do you.

What have flooded my mind is all about job hunting, career planning for myself, career planning for two, love relationships mutual goals and dreams, financial planning, self improvement, interpersonal and intrapersonal skills...so much more. So, right now, as I am typing this, I wish...I wish, all I have to complain and consider about are only exams, assignments and classes or maybe the worst is just subject registrations...At least, those once the hardest seems to be the easiest now.

 


Comments

  1. I am in the midst of something as I am typing this to you, but I feel compelled to share some of my thoughts after reading. Like yourself, am ambitious and willing to roll up sleeves to do the "dirty" jobs most people reluctant to do. I feel like sharing with you what I personally went through, aka the "turbulent flow" in your language.

    After graduated from UM, I didn't practice as an engineer. Instead, I followed my heart to pursue a public transport project with my partners after winning a competition, and we are still pursuing until now and will be going on.

    Some say, graduation is one of the beautiful moments you start to grow (exponentially) besides the eventual grieving experience of mourning parents' inevitable departure, so anything that you mentioned above, that you wish to focus on self improvement will be learnt inevitably, provided that you always embrace a positive outlook on life and "stay hungry, stay foolish". You do, seems to have more than just that =)

    I remembered my family members were happier than myself during the graduation ceremony, then I slowly became happy because of their happiness. This was on contrary to my own previous belief that I will be the happiest when graduating someday, an old belief that I used to have when I was just in primary school. If you could get back to me later about your personal observation on your parents' emotion and your own during the graduation ceremony, that would be great hehe.

    Been through the ups and downs after graduation, doing several things by trial and error from time to time, learning things at one time. I remembered the struggle that I had in search for the balance between striving for dreams or forget about the dream (to improve public transport using data) and join the corporate. In face of cash flow issues, I started to push myself. Then, by chance, I found a suitable job that can enable me to pursue both start-up and solving cash flow issue. I am grateful. The only condition to swim against the turbulent tide is, like how you have described, to "swim faster, more furious and more fierce". Everything comes with a price of course, but you would somehow already knew which are things to forgo. My friends from my inner circle sometimes feel I just don't know how to rest. Haha. But don't get me wrong, health is important, especially for the ambitious goat (Capricorn) like yourself.

    If I could guess, your biggest challenge is not on overcoming challenges, because you will eventually get through them, the challenge lies on choosing which offers, which choice, which path. I always follow my heart, but do my own due diligence. Also, am grateful to meet with people who are willing to guide, advise, teach and mentor me along the way. You would found them too.

    Best of luck, Alice Leong.

    I gonna continue back my tasks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! This should be the longest comment I ever received ! hahaha thanks for dropping such a long message and I believe you are doing well in whatever you are doing because even at your toughest journey, as long as you are equipped with Positive thoughts and the kind of I-wont-die-in-this-war spirit, I believe nothing is a definite failure. So, good luck to you too and as quoted from Finding Nemo, "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming" :)

      Delete
  2. Production, Process, Equipment, Quality Assurance, Quality Management. Pick one :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BREATHE

The 45th Day.