Asia Pacific Communities Volunteer Conference 2013 (AP CVC 2013)

16th and 17th Nov. Hectic. The weekend was just way too hectic. If I am to ask myself how I actually survived it through, I can't even actually make a statement.
Chinese people say, "A second presented on the stage actually took 10 years of hard work".
I went up and down from Melacca to KL to have rehearsals for the Asia Pacific Communities Volunteer Conference 2013 (AP CVC 13) emcee session. The routine lasted for few weeks for every weekend. I am not sure how I endured it but I am glad enough, all these officially over :)
First and foremost, I considered myself as one of the luckiest humans to have joined the international conference at the very young age. True enough that opportunity don't approach you all the time but when it does, grab it, hold tight and make it real. It is never too late or too early to learn because life, itself is all about the never ending and continuous learning.



16th started when I had to rush to Armada Hotel for the Kuok Foundation Awardees Get Together Gathering. It was a brief gathering for I wasn't able to stay till the end of the event because I had to rush to the AP CVC in Sunway Hotel. That night was one of the stressful moments I ever encountered. Frankly speaking, I was very very very exhausted that night during the IET President's Address and Dinner. For the past few days, I have been working very hard in the campus for an event, E- Voyage. Meetings till late night 2am just too crazy. That night, half an hour before I went up the stage, I was scared, worried and anxious. The VIPs are so seniors and very experienced, honourable people. Mistakes are not permitted. Never thought I actually did that but I cried alone, silently at the corner of the hotel while telling "I want to go home, I want bed". HAHA. Such a baby. Later on, I felt so much better, went to the washroom, stared at the petite girl in the mirror and stated, "You'll be fine. You are Alice Leong Mei Ping". Grateful enough, all ends well :)
17th Nov,
It's one of the best moments in my life. A place where you'll get to meet all the "future self(s)". How will you feel when you get to witness your very own presentation competition judge to make a presentation? I was pretty touched. Mr Tan Wee Ser. He was on of the judges who decided to send me to Brunei to represent Malaysia in the Asia Pacific Regional Present Around the World 2013 (PATW 13) Competition. His presentation is just way too mesmerizing. The way he put up every content, every slide, the preparation he made, the skills he possess and many many more. At that very moment, I felt proud, happy and disappointed at the same time. Proud because I was actually chosen by someone so talented, happy because I get to witness the valuable presentation by him and disappointed because I didn't get to win for Malaysia. It's okay. I am still young. I have the chance to make it again. I know, I will. Learn your mistakes.
The next highlight that made my day was the moment when the President of IET, all the way from UK, Mr Barry Brooks presented his thank you speech and he mentioned the emcees' names (included Alice). It's like a "wow-ed" moment. Brief but memorable enough to make me grinned for a long time.

All in all, networking is never about being too late or too early but what I can assure you about networking is, It's the key to success. You might not need networking to aid you in the career but you need networking to widen your knowledge, visions and most of all, ambitions. By networking, you'll find out the details from the other sides of the world. I learnt that it doesn't really matter on what kind of conversation or discussion topics that you bring up to mingle around with the others. Probably the topics will reflect one's maturity or thinkings but to try and to take the first step to be out of the comfort zone is the main objective. The beginning might be a challenge, funny, awkward or even embarrassing but so what? at least you tried and I assure you, by the time you get to mingle around in the crowd, you won't even remember how did you get it started. Be active, value the opportunities and meet new faces, sooner or later you'll find another group of family.

Two down, two more to go. Academic and E- Voyage. Well, let's hope for the best. Now that two is done, I have to seriously focus in my studies. Assignments, group discussions, labs and midterms are approaching. It's the time again to get the mind and souls to be backed into me.

Na- Na *.*

Comments

  1. Wow, amazed by how much of experience you've been through and upcoming... Yes, you're still young, you can do it! All the best =)

    --Jinn

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BREATHE

Head Above Water