16th May 2016 - First Day, Wk 7, Epsilon Year

As I woke up this morning, the moment I opened my eyes, the very first thought came by,

"Today is the first day of Week 7. The last week of my Epsilon year, Final Semester."

I am not sure what kind of emotions should I register? It's a mixed feelings.
Flashback to the very first day I admitted into Multimedia University, Malacca Campus, it was the first day of the Orientation Week and I was wearing all full formal attire, my hair was short back then. Went through the Foundation Year with so much of fun and lesser stress as compared to the following four years later. As my peers and myself, all "upgraded" to the First Year (a.k.a Beta Year in MMU) things got tougher than before. Some were unfortunately, not able to get through it and some were doing so well and listed as the smart one. I was just the average one. Not the best, and also not the worst. And then I was all being average, all the way in Beta, Gamma, Delta and finally Epsilon. Well, that's for Academic wise. I have nothing much to share I guess, apart from those nights burning midnight-oil, exams, piles of assignments...

They said, "Live an interesting life, so that when you are old, you have stories to tell."
Throwback to last Thursday when I was shortlisted for the MMU Awards 2016 Golden Achievement and Aspire Award, during the interviews, the nominees were asked to tell about their achievements. See, sometimes you dont have to wait till old to tell stories haha. Anyways, during the interview for the Aspire Award, the interviewers were asking about how we inspired and aspired other students, I was like, "Oh no." It was a group interview and I was the fourth candidate. While the first three candidates were sharing about their experiences and achievements in inspiring and aspiring the other, my mind was unable to concentrate. Something kept playing in my mind, "Wait, they did so great and they all have led so many great people, being a mentor and doing so good, did I actually inspire or aspire anyone?"..Sooner than I realised, I had my turn.

It's an interview, one gotta do what one supposed to do. I opened my mouth and started to speak. I remembered I started with the sentence, "To inspire or to aspire, the only thing I can relate to it is, Action speaks louder than words". I didnt exactly talk about people I inspired or aspired but I started to share my view about it and eventually I ended my turn by saying something I have always uphold onto. "To inspire or to aspire is not all about holding the most important or highest position, it's about doing your best and giving out all you have even as a minor. In Langkawi International Maritime and Aerospace, I was just assigned as an usherette to YB Dato' Seri Hishammuddin Hussein. It's not about the position, it's about the professionalism so I did all I can and I am glad that the officers were happy about it." Trust me, in any position, nothing is less important because if it's not important, it wouldnt even exist at the very first place. For instance, in the 6th and 7th National Chinese Cultural Dance Open Competition, I took part as an emcee, there was this group of people who are assigned to clear the stage as the curtain closed after every performance that used props. I respect them very much. They are so dedicated towards their duty and I respect them much. They aspired me in a way. 

I couldnt sleep the whole night before MMU Awards 2016. I was the presenter for MMU Awards 2016 and so, I announced the winners for respective categories. We had 32 awards in total and I only announced 28 of them. The other four are Golden Achievement Award and Aspire Award of Cyberjaya Campus and Melaka Campus respectively. The organiser received the results 1/2 hour beforehand. I can actually find out the result even before the event started but I choose not to. Professionalism is one thing, I am afraid of disappointment. 

Receiving Aspire Award (Melaka Campus) from Tuan Haji Zamzuri, Campus Director of Multimedia University, Malacca Campus

This is how the result card looks like! I have unsealed 28 of them during the event haha

IT'S MY NAME! yay!

Like I mentioned, people around me inspired and aspired me even without them knowing it. To me, the Aspire Award I received belongs to all of us. You who reading this, is my motivation to continue writing this blog and them who inspired me are my strength to go further. Thanks to all of you. Thank you very much especially to Mammy, you know how much I love you and I am sure about that because I am not afraid to show it. You are the inspiration of mine. Cant even recall for how many times I have called you while tearing up, telling you I cant do this and that anymore but your words heal me instantly and because of you, because I know you want to see me graduating as soon as possible, this Bachelor is for you. Thank you to my family for standing by my side all the times, friends who are always there for me (not many of them but the true ones stay. thank you) and thanks to Rong Xin for always being so understanding with myself and giving supports all the way (At this moment, he is upset of me for writing my blog but not helping him with his assignment haha) 

Most importantly, to all teachers, Happy Teachers' Day ! Without all of your dedication and knowledge, we wouldnt be who we are today, I wouldnt be who I am today. Thank you !

(p/s: hehe wait for my next post kay, in another 5 days, which is on the last day of my MMU journey, I will share with you why am I in MMU and majoring in Mechanical Engineering at the very first place..)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BREATHE

The 45th Day.

Head Above Water