CONGRATULATIONS CLASS OF 2017 !

Hey there, so it has been a year since I started to join this big crowd. By the word of "big crowd", I mean being part of the causes to traffic jam before and after work 🙊

Well, first and foremost, I need to apologise. If you have read the previous post way back then in 2016, I was supposed to follow up with another post regarding my story in engineering. Unfortunately, I didnt do so. It was because I was having my own time to cope with the gap in between. Flashback, that final week in MMU was so congested with Final Year Project final preparation and I was working really really really hard on my Final Year Project Report because I wanted a good grade very very very badly. Besides, I love my FYP title and I wanted to do my best for it. So, my sincere apologies that I didnt manage to write a post dedicated for the path I choose in engineering. Maybe we can share it over a cup of coffee tho 😉

If you are reading this and totally agree with me that FYP literally draining your life out from brain juice to overdose of coffees, CONGRATULATIONS ! it means you are on the right track to graduation and sooner than you realise, Convocation passes by even faster than you can imagine.

This post is not dedicated to any of my stories, but it's for you who are on the route to graduation. Personally, I received messages in my inboxes seeking for advices upon their graduations. So, I thought maybe a brief post about this will be helpful enough. In my most humble way, at least I hope it's helpful or useful because the following information is solely based on my two cents :)

1) Try Out All Sorts of Interviews
You just done with your studies and your bright future ahead is borderless. So, why are you making a boundary for yourself? I mean, why not? There's absolutely no harm at all to try out all sorts of interviews. Going for interviews means giving yourself another option. Why do you want to limit your scopes when you have so many opportunities out there. These interviews are additional credits for your experience; aside from sharpening your soft skills. If you are up for engineering vacancies, some big companies will need you to attend short test/assessment which is a great exposure. So, go now ! The world is so broad and we dont even know where the next job will land us to.

2) Ask All Sorts of Questions
I always ask myself, If it is not now, when? Why do you want to bother if people think you are dumb? At least if you ask, you are dumb only up to that particular moment, but if you choose to keep quiet, you might probably be dumb for even longer time or forever. Afterall, we fresh grads totally have valid privilege to ask a lot of questions. A lifetime is too short and too vague to be defined. I remember reading somewhere saying we dont have sufficient time to learn from all mistakes, we need to learn from other people mistakes to ensure we dont repeat them. I personally think it's very true.
 
3) Financial Planning
Once you found a job that you wish to pursue, it's time to plan your financial. I can't exactly list out item by item to advise you on this because this is so much depending on individual. Eg. PTPTN (this is like the No. 1 item to mention here hahaha), daily expenditure, weekends expenditure, travel and fun, family expenses, room rental, etc. Well, maybe you can first start from the short-term financial planning. The first few months expenditure might be a bit fluctuating depending on every individual lifestyles and way of coping to settle down but once you get a hold on it, maybe you can consider about long-term financial plan.

4) Secure Yourself and Your Future
By means of securing yourself and your future, I am actually talking about buying insurance. No, dont skip this point. Try continue reading it. And No, I am not an insurance sales agent but let me humbly explain why do I put this as part of this post and why am I putting it in top priority. I am much lucky because my mom saw the importance of insurance and she purchased it back then I was in high school, maybe? I can't exactly remember the time but once I started to work, I have to pay it by installment. Just that I am lucky because I have possibly skip all those research before securing an insurance plan. Not being pessimistics but we never know how life can lead us to and from my thoughts, wouldn't it be too late if we only start finding for solutions when unfortunate events have already taken place? I actually googled the word insurance while typing this. All in all, Google tells me insurance is a kind of protection to onseself . Well, I think it's a protection to oneself and to everybody around. Your family members. Afterall, this still depending on every individual opinions about securing an insurance because it needs proper research to buy plan(s) that suit(s) to one's lifestyle and financial commitment.

5) Don't Live a Hamster Life
Do you know what's a Hamster Life?


Familiar sight? That's what I call it a hamster life. It's not bringing you to anywhere if you consider about living like a Hamster in a roller. Before I confused you between hamster life and daily routines, I am not asking you to have parties or outings everyday in order not to live a hamster life. Even if you want to do so, I am not sure if physically you can bear with it hahaha okay, so, daily routines are different. They are more like list-of-things-to-do-in-order-to-survive-as-who-you-are. Your roles to play in daily routines. People that I know who are happy about life and looking forward to live a life are basically those who living out of hamster life. Some go for dancing classes, some go for travelling once in two months, some do readings while cafe-hoping, some choose the extremes like diving, marathons, cyling competitions..see, the list is infinite. My idea is to pick something out of hamster life that will thrill you, that brings your senses alive, something that get you out of your comfort zones or you see it as a challenge. Don't rush for it, explore it yourself and you will find it eventually :) I have my own moment to stay out from a hamster roller. Something that thrill me because I have no idea what kind of people I will be meeting or what kind of unexpected events to take place and I need to cope with it. Something that brings my senses up because even if I have done for so many times, it still gives me butterflies in my stomach :) and something I truly love because it's so satisfying for each time it's completed. Most of all, through it, I see myself differently from daily routines.



6) Adapt and Accept
Sense of adaption and acceptance are essential. You can't possibly be still living in the world where deadlines are tomorrow and today you start finding lubang-lubang for answers. Again, I cant exactly describe this to you word by word but you need to remember three things:-
Sense of adaption is essential.
Observe before you adapt.
Accept only what is right.

7) Have Faith 
Trust me, nothing is more important than this. You know why? By the end of the day, when things go wrong, when the path seems to be so hopeless and you think that your world is so wrong for everything going against you, nothing can overcome You and Your Faith. Having faith in yourself is far more vital that you can imagine. It's a strong bond between your body and your soul. Just like a big tree, Faith is our root. Let it grow within you.


Hahahahaha This was supposed to be a brief post but I have no idea what had just happened. Sorry for my lengthy post but I actually drafted this two weeks ago and finally had time to wrap this up today. I hope this helps and sincerely, I would like to apologise to those who personal messaged me to seek for advises and I "seen" the message witout replying. Now you know why...haha. Wishing you all the best and I hope this helps. Last but not least, 
Enjoy the Ride While It Lasts :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Head Above Water

The 45th Day.

When There's a Will, There's Always a Way